Friday, February 10, 2017

Light Lunch at Rushbrooks

Well. a couple of weeks ago I had lunch with a friend at Rushbrooks in Pakington St, Geelong West.

It is a delightful cafe with a beautiful vintage theme. I have been here numerous times before and have always enjoyed it.
The thing that frustrates me about so many cafes and this is the same here is what to do upon entry. Do you just find a table? Do you wait to be seated?
We went to the counter and asked and they told us to find a seat and they'd bring out menu's. They were very quick to do so and they bought water and glasses out with having to be asked.
(I do like that)
We ordered and our coffees came out promptly. And they were so good...
I ordered Billy Bread with Lemon curd. It was delicious.

The presentation, the flavour and amount of curd were all pleasing.
We enjoyed it immensely and thought we'd have a second latte before we left. Leah enjoyed her second more, however my first was much nicer than my second. Which shows that different people have different tastes and a barista can make the world of difference. Same coffee machine, same beans, different barista, different taste.
In summary I would most surely recommend Rushbrooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment