Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Three pages over 2 weeks

I am a little confused as to what week it is, I think it's now week 17 so that's what I going by.
I totally missed week 15 I think.
Forgiveness could be found in the fact that my mother in law passed away on the 8th of April. She had been quite unwell for some time and was gradually fading away. So, on Sunday 8th April peacefully, she slipped away to be with Poppy.
(Georgi is with me and she says blogging is for nerds however she met Geoff on a blog, so there)
I have 3 pages to unload. 
This first one is of the Barista Competition I entered last year while working at Madcap Cafe. Anthony Cheeseman was an amazing inspiration to me in the time I worked for Madcap and I will forever grateful to have been a part of the company he founded.
I had placed all the bits on the page and I was trying to think of what to put on the top and David suggested a coffee stain. I did it and I like it.

Next Layout is of Georgi at 34 weeks pregnant.
I love the look of the 2 photos the same with one in color and one in black & white. 
The lace layers were the new punch I got and couldn't wait to use.  The bible verse at the bottom is more like Christmas however she had Charlie, so for unto them a child was born and he is a son.

Layout Number 3 is David sitting in the window at Kathryn's house in Busuanga, The Philippines. We had never met her until this day and she made us so welcome into her home. I truly love this photo of him. Relaxed and enjoying our holiday. (no the window doesn't have glass) The sewing on the photo was supposed to be zigzag but it didn't work out. Lucky I like it anyway.

So my weeks haven't totally been complete but I have done 22 layouts in 17 weeks and I'm happy with my achievement. Till next week, see ya.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about the passing of your mother in law...my thoughts are with you David and the boys at this time xox
    LOVE your pages.... you have been busy :)
    Looking forward to our next craft night xo

    ReplyDelete